Pre-Order Available Now. Only 1500 Pieces, Individually Numbered & Signed By the Band.
Death Cab for Cutie announces the limited edition vinyl box set The Barsuk Years, to be released in January and available for pre-order now. This deluxe box set contains all of the early Death Cab for Cutie studio albums and EPs released by Barsuk Records, some of which have never before been available on vinyl.
Released by two-time Grammy nominated boutique box set label, Artist In Residence, all of the recordings from the original 1997 cassette-only “demo” You Can Play These Songs With Chords (originally released via the band’s first label, Bellingham, WA-based Elsinor) through 2001’s The Stability E.P. have been re-mastered by Roger Seibel at SAE, bringing the audio quality of those pressings up to that of the band’s ground-breaking classic 2003 opus (and final studio release via Barsuk) Transatlanticism. Three releases in the package (You Can Play These Songs With Chords, The Stability E.P., and The Death Cab for Cutie Forbidden Love E.P.) are available for the first time on vinyl, only as part of this box – the entire set is pressed on hefty, beautiful 180-gram vinyl. Each release is packaged individually in its own jacket with the album’s original artwork, and then collected snugly in an individually-numbered cloth-bound box and signed by the band.
This box set includes
– You Can Play These Songs With Chords (33 rpm; vinyl exclusive to this box set – jacket features original cassette artwork)
– Something About Airplanes (33 rpm; die-cut jacket and layered vellum insert)
– We Have the Facts and We’re Voting Yes (33 rpm; die-cut jacket)
– The Death Cab for Cutie Forbidden Love E.P. (45 rpm; vinyl exclusive to this box set)
– The Photo Album (33 rpm; includes original full-size photo inserts)
– The Stability E.P. (45 rpm; vinyl exclusive to this box set)
– Transatlanticism (45 rpm double-vinyl with full sized 12-page book insert)
– Numbered cloth-bound box, individually signed by the band